Thursday, January 4, 2018

A try at “therapy”

On a day only a few breaths ago, perhaps a year or two, I found myself seated across from a man who went by the title “psychotherapist.” This man was neither humble nor kind; simply outdated by his age and general demeanor. I would guess that he was pushing 80, for those who feel it’s relevant to know. Because potentially, it is. I explained to him my story, how we are entering into a new “paradigm”, a word he was entirely unfamiliar with. I explained to him the age of the divine feminine, and about how we need to heal the sacred masculine that lies within us all in order to become fully realized in our power. As a result, he told my mother, when she came in near the end of our session, that she had “a real problem here” and that she should seek medical help for me immediately. This, exactly is the problem with the outdated paradigm of white, cis-gendered, hetero older men in power. They simple don’t get it. It’s beyond their capacity to understand.
I ran across this man again on the street a few months ago and silently said a prayer to myself that he might open more to the possibility that there may be more out there to understand beyond his limited scope of the world. May it be. May we all find healing in the way in which we and the world are suited Best.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment