Thursday, December 28, 2017

Lessons

Yesterday, I was sad. That deep sort of overwhelming, penetrating sadness racked my soul. I went downstairs to get a hug from Hope and she told me, because I drank the night before, “alcohol is a depressant; this isn’t you. It’s ok I know what it’s like to feel sad for no reason.” Then she gave me some healthy suggestions of things I could do to help myself. She is so wise and so comforting to me. The relationship I share with her is unlike any other in my life and I feel grateful for her as a teacher and as a friend. She’s my greatest teacher, actually. I remember telling her that a couple summers ago as we sat under the trees and I watched a tear fall from her eye as the words hit her. Yes, she is my greatest teacher. And I’m glad she knows it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment