Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pier 2.

I’ve been so impressed by my sister lately. Always nudging herself closer and closer to her truth through big steps like apologizing when it’s warranted and being honest when she’s asked the tough questions. She is becoming more open to all that she has to feel, especially in a wake of a tragedy that rocked her to her core. She told me today, “I may not have been as delicate with my words as i should have been ...” in reference to a rude comment she threw at me the other night. I told her it was okay and thanked her for apologizing. Of course it’s okay; apologizing is an act of bravery and who wouldn’t accept a sincere one?
She also is so good with silence. The space between words. Knowing when to talk and when to stay quiet, to listen. I’m learning so much from my relationship with her and feel so lucky to have her by my side, riding these rocky waves together, hand in hand; we got this. I did a lot of damage to our relationship when we were growing up and I feel that we are truly and fully repairing now. I am so grateful.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment